8 slices white bread
100g/4oz butter, melted
100g/4oz feta cheese, cut into small cubes
4 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
8 black olives, pitted and halved
8 quail’s eggs, hard-boiled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
pinch of caster sugar
salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Trim the bread into squares, and
flatten each slice with a rolling pin. Brush with melted butter, then
arrange in bun or muffin trays. Press a piece of foil into each slice to
secure in place. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Mix together the feta cheese, tomatoes and olives. Shell the eggs and
quarter them. Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the bread cases from the oven, discard the foil and leave to cool.
- Just before serving, fill the bread cases with the cheese and tomato mixture.
Arrange the quartered eggs on the top, and spoon over the dressing.